Affiliate marketing is one of the most hyped technologies in blog monetizing. Except that in the beginning I hardly saw how blog that is focused on good free software can be qualified to sell readers… something.
It took plenty of thinking and few reality checks to form my opinion on what affiliate offers you will see at this blog.
What is not free
There are roughly three things that still worth spending money on, even in shiny world of Internet and freeware goodness:
- Hardware. Unfortunately current level of technology doesn’t allow to download new notebook from Internet.
- Subscription services. Antivirus software and similar business models are continuous. If you want to make use of them you have to pay. For example I had reviewed free Comodo Firewall and was invited into affiliate program for Comodo Internet Security Pro.
- Software that is absolutely awesome and has no viable alternatives. I admit these are pretty rare but they do exist.
How this will affect the blog
- I will slightly increase number of hardware posts.
- Some affiliate products might be revisited from time to time – to review updates or specific functions in-depth.
- I will never ever promote anything I hadn’t personally used.
I will probably be too lazy to mark affiliate links. Personally I don’t care if link I click is affiliate or not. If you do – well, I can’t (and frankly don’t want to) really do anything. If hundreds of posts in this blogs are not convincing enough that I value my opinion and honesty above few (literally) bucks this blog makes me, what is?
In few years I hope to post how this made me a fortune. Counting on you all. :)
Donace | TheNexus #