My backpack is near end of life cycle (literally starts to loose parts) and I searched for something netbook-aware. Strangely no good finds.
That is what I bought outright, my backpack was in decent shape and I saw no reason to replace it. I went for neoprene Crumpler Gimp sleeve. I can say that it is excellent – reasonably thick to protect from bumps, durable and nothing sticks to it (I tend to get dusty). But it is an addition to bag, not a complete solution.
- Pro – plays well with regular bags, good to pack and store notebook when not needed;
- Con – inconvenient without bag to put it in, has no place for power brick and mouse.
Generic notebook bags is what gets bundled most often and there is myriad of those around separately. My problem is with design (here is where you put notebook and here is tiny remaining space where you can try to put anything else) and that bag is easier to bump into something. Yay for being honest about being clumsy. I prefer backpacks for a reason.
- Pro – affordable, many models available, decent protection;
- Con – near-useless for anything but notebook, inconvenient for my taste.
Backpacks ftw, if I only could find one that I liked. There seems to be very few models of for-notebook backpacks and good chunk of those comes into hysterical color schemes, screaming how good it is for your cool Macbook.
Another issue is size – it is assumed that you need one for an 15” (or more) monster of a notebook. Logitech has almost perfect Kinetik model, but it is quite large.
- Pro – excellent protection, space for other things;
- Con – poor choice of models, high prices.
So I am kinda stuck here and could use some crowd wisdom.
What to you use to drag notebook around? How it works out for you? Specific brands and models appreciated.