Mobile phones are blessing without disguise. Blessing that comes with bunch of trouble hidden in brilliance. Rise and fall of being mobile, which point of curve we are at?
Mobile is best transport for information ever. It’s close and fast .
- check work issues – right now;
- chat with friend – right now;
- read an article in Wikipedia – right now;
- get important email – right now;
- anything and everything is right now away.
Hyperconnectivity tore information away from static dwellings and made it live in our pockets.
- less time wasted on waiting for opportunity to connect;
- thirst for information – satisfied and gone;
- hills of information that were focused in few work or evening hours – properly distributed across all day.
Our problem is that we are forgetting how to refuse information.
- we keep talking;
- and messaging;
- and reading;
- and searching;
- and listening;
- while we need it…
- …and while we don’t.
Tool is mistaken for a lifestyle, missing call is a sin of modern age and losing cell coverage is a trip to hell.
We can get anything and everything – right now. But do we have to ?
Every day we strive for more information and every day we strive for less. Rise of mobile phones was too sudden and fall is not scary enough – at first.
We will rise or fall, sewn by mobile strings. Do we even care which will it be anymore?