At last I had bothered to join Twitter. :) I won’t describe service for those who don’t use it. Because I can confidently say that describing it is useless and I never ever got it until I joined.
Having lots of interesting impressions so far.
- twitter sets special mood;
- original experience – not a chat or IM clone;
- it’s about personalities, not blogs and sites;
- minimalistic and powerful home page customization;
- search .
- good mornings;
- good nights;
- multiply tweets with same link or info from same person;
- I keep looking and not finding “online” indicators, just an IM reflex.
- lots of RSS which is good but they have huge update lag and I don’t like HTTP password protection on home feed;
- conversations are bit hard to follow;
- dozens of additional tools, will take time to figure out which worth using.
- at moment I am twitterfeed ing my posts, post some updates and try to reply to public questions;
- I need to network more and that’s one more place to manage (but I like this one for a change);
- seems perfect for sideblog and I’ll definitely get this into custom design update (currently in early stages of development);
- stuff it into Opera panel, seems I’ll have to do make custom CSS for that.
Ben Tremblay #