engaging (comparative more engaging, superlative most engaging) - Interesting; charming; attractive, especially of a manner or behaviour.Wiktionary
Good posts are those that add value to your blog. Engaging posts are those that charm your readers and create your community. Here is my attempt to put process of writing engaging post in a recipe.
Photo by imagesbykim.
- Before cooking comes preparation. Forget about unread emails, unanswered calls and traffic target for a month. At moment you are only a Writer that wants to write. Clear your head leaving nothing but ideas in it.
- Have a choice of ingredients. Nothing exquisite can be possibly cooked from single apple (pun intended). Research and read. Gather opinions but don’t be slave to them. See what the world has to say and think what can you say to the world.
- Decide on taste. What do you want to achieve with your post? Chilled cynical contradiction to cool the hype? Spicy hot discussion to set it on fire? Write a wholesome post and avoid random ideas, sewn together by roughly common theme.
- Add your personal touch. Compiling chart from product page is easy. Showing that you know what you are writing about, had nice chat with that developer and managed to pitch him good feature is hard (proof helps). Information is abundant, experience is rare so use plenty of it.
- Serve to wow. Work on form, spell-check, get that list right, add killing title and stunning relevant image. Make post more than compilation of letters.
And last but not least – do not stick to recipes if you can surpass them.
(project roundup) And the winner is me! :)