Image of average computer geek by now is dead. But what comes in his place?
I had recently got in comment discussion with Gyutae Park under his post about deadlines. He was approaching deadlines and social expectations as strong motivator. I was approaching same as I couldn’t care less.
That got me thinking about how we bring our general human quirks into world of IT.
Extraverts are all about communication. Internet to them is world of endless possibilities. IT is something they welcome as stream of shiny discoveries.
Image by briansolis.
- they single-handedly define social media;
- they had tried every IM tool and ended up using monstrous clients that support multiply protocols;
- they empower whirlwinds of social networks and suck rest of world in them;
- they are those who hold banners of cutting-edge.
Extraverts live in crowds and IT is part of their lives.
Introverts are all about themselves. Internet to them is network of information. IT is area of knowledge to research and understand.
Photo by saital.
- they lurk, sometimes lured out by thoughts and discussions too tasty to ignore;
- they rarely reach out to others and almost never in friendly for-the-sake-of-socializing manner;
- they create and destroy systems and places – not because they are interested in them but because process itself is enchanting;
- they are those who seek grails of best solutions.
Introverts live in quiet places and IT part of their minds.
Who are you?
How IT and Internet complement your life and mind? Are you aware of places that you never thought of visiting? Of content you get daily and how others can find very different value in same information?
Tell me. That’s a total introvert willingly asking for communication, don’t take it lightly.