I woke up today (from claws gently stuck in my throat) and it struck me in one of those sleepy enlightenments. Whenever my cat wants something he does same three things.
- He purrs . And maybe meows a bit. And maybe raises hell if no one pays attention.
- He looks cute . Quite a feat for fat and untidy animal.
- He becomes persistent . It may take him few attempts but he will get in my lap to happily drool on keyboard.
You know what? That really works. And that makes sense.
And that can be easily adapted to non-feline.
- Be vocal . It’s very hard to get things if you are sitting in the corner with dull looks. If you want something you have to let others know that. You can’t wait for people to figure you out. Make it clear to them who you are and what you want.
- Be nice . Shredding carpet people is always an option but being polite costs nothing. Try the nice way before you piss someone off. Twice more options comparing to starting with conflict.
- Be patient . It’s good when things snap into place easily. But if those are complex and important things - “easily” is so damn rare. It takes time to reach something important. It’s not uncommon for everything you reached to be suddenly ruined. Let the self-pity breath out, look for next step and make it.
I am totally following this furry sage advice. Do you?