Skribit had shut down on 2011–04–19.
One of my main pet targets is making Skribit (service for taking suggestions form readers) work. So far it was complete disaster. I hated widget for being 300+Kb in size and links to my Skribit page received no attention at all.
But! Yesterday I got email with instructions for beta version of new widget which I immediately implemented as you can see in my sidebar under Skribit Suggestions.
What was fixed and improved
- New widget’s size is 4.6Kb (14Kb uncompressed) which is sixty times less than it was.
- Comes as WordPress plugin , easy setup as WordPress widget.
- Completely CSS-customizable.
Code is bit rough (normal for beta) with some validation errors and customization is limited to writing CSS manually. Still totally worth all that waiting. :)
Why you should suggest something to me
- I will totally worship you for helping me to break ice of suggestion making.
- I will try my best to make good post on your suggestion (with link to your site or blog if you have one in profile you make suggestion with).
- You will get some visibility on Skribit.com home page that showcases suggestions.
- I can’t think of more good stuff so just believe me it will be fun and useful action. :)