For some reason saying that I don’t like and never used Winamp much shocks people. :) I do not mix well with audio players because:
- I do not listen to music much (and mostly on the go through my N810);
- I dislike layer of meta information and flood of meaningless details.
1by1 is mp3 player that I feel was coded by person who thinks a lot like me.
What it does
Plays mp3. Really. What is more interesting – how it does that.
App uses most natural (as for me) organization for music – the one already created by folders and files at hard drive. There is regular playlist option, but by default it simply plays what is in selected folder.
- no fluff;
- single-screen interface;
- hotkeys for everything, system-wide hotkeys and support for dedicated media keys;
- simple file-management without leaving interface;
- compact mode and big title ticker.
Settings are surprisingly extensive and allow control many details, both of audio playback and app itself. Since app itself is minimalistic they are hardly needed for normal operation. But for those who like to tweak software precisely – plenty to poke there.
Truly simple, convenient and completely portable mp3 player from developer of mp3DirectCut. Audiophiles can boo me all they want, but for listening to some music on PC – 1by1 is just perfect for my taste.